Monday 26 June 2017

Those Memories Made on Teardrop Lake – (92) There’ll be Nun of that

He did not possessed any high principles, he did hold certain standards and preferences but they were at best flexible.
But despite his appreciation for all things feminine, he did always try to avoid fishing in someone else’s pond, no matter how attractive the body of water might be.
Some might call it a code but those that did eventually abandoned it after repeatedly failing to meet their own exceptionally low standards and repeated their failures on numerous occasions following it.
If they did possess any scruples they had would have doubtless shown by their behaviour that they could be overcome, as their many peccadilloes would testify to.
Colin Diss however was not one of that number so when Sister Gloria of the Mary of Bethany Convent in Finchbottom made a pass at him, courtesy of an over indulgence on communion wine he supposed, so he was pleased with himself when he declined her advances and broke away from her embrace.
“Are you worried about your immortal soul?” She asked with a chuckle
“Because I would think you’re probably damned already for all the sinning you’ve done”
“No of course not” he snapped “I’m more concerned about yours”
“Oh that” she said, “well I’m of a purer bent than you and I shall merely have to repent my misdemeanour”
He looked at her doubtfully
“Look I have my faith,” she said with conviction “I know that I have eternal life awaiting me”
“I can’t do it with a nun” he retorted and kissed her on the forehead and then left the room but paused outside.

He was proud of his strength of character in rejecting Sister Gloria’s invitation to canoodle, it certainly wasn’t through a lack of attraction or even what she was wearing, that made him so steadfast, he liked uniforms and outfits, and vestments certainly didn’t put him off.
He didn’t even think it was because she was a nun although had she been in any other vocation he would probably not have hesitated.
But as he walked away the overwhelming feeling was not one of pride.
It was not however that he was growing a spine or at the very least getting a conscience, he thought it was just his strength of character.
But he found he was affronted because Sister Gloria said that she thought that having sex with him was sin free.
Making him feel like a vegetable in a slimmer’s diet plan.
In fact he was so miffed that he went straight back to confront her.
When he re-entered the room he found Gloria sitting on the sofa with her unshod feet resting on an occasional table
Her head was uncovered and she had a cigarette in one hand and a glass of whisky in the other.
“My God, what kind of Nun are you?” he exclaimed
“I’m not” she retorted taking a mouthful of whisky
“Not what?”
“I’m not a nun” She said and laughed
“What?”
“Your brother put me up to it” Gloria explained and laughed again “I’m an actress”

No comments:

Post a Comment