Friday 9 June 2017

Those Memories Made on Teardrop Lake – (76) A Poor Little Rich Girl’s Christmas

Sarah Atkinson was 21 years old and an only child who lived with her parents in a huge 10 bedroom house in the village of Shallowfield on the edge of the Dancingdean Forest, and she had led a very privileged life and she was spoilt and conceited and had grown accustomed to always getting what she wanted.

So when the Quinn’s and the Dowd’s came to stay for the family Christmas gathering in the 1990’s and she set her cap for the formers son Mike, and she fully expected to get her wish and he would fall for her.
He was two years older than her with black wavy hair and wild gypsy eyes and a muscular well-toned physique that made her swoon.

She was certain sure that with little or no effort on her part her Cousin would soon be in her bed because she always got what she wanted.
Sarah wasted no time in making her move, so on his first night beneath the Atkinson’s roof she waited for the house to fall silent and then tiptoed across the landing wearing only a cotton shirt unbuttoned from top to bottom.
She opened the door and stepped inside to find Mike sitting up in bed reading.
“I thought you might want some company”
She said
“Yes, but not you” he replied coolly
Sarah ignored his retort and climbed on to the bed and sat down facing him, perching on his knees, with legs astride him.
“So are you pleased to see me?”
“Ecstatic”
“Kiss me then” she said but he did nothing
“Kiss me Mike” she demanded
“I don’t think so” he retorted
“Come on you know you want to” she said
“Yes” he agreed “but not you”
“What?”
“I don’t want to kiss you” he repeated and pushed her off him and slipped out of bed
“You’re rejecting me?” she said in disbelief as he pulled her to her feet and dragged her towards the door.
“Yes I am” he said
“That doesn’t happen, I’m young and gorgeous, and I don’t get rejected” she explained “I am the one that does the rejecting”
“On the contrary” he said and shoved her out the door just as Deirdre Dowd was coming the other way.
Deidre was smaller, plainer and less showy than Sarah so her jaw dropped when she saw the mousy little thing walk into Mike’s arms.
“You’re passing on me, for that?” she said angrily
“Always” he replied
“I am superior to her in every conceivable way” Sarah said
“What does she have that I don’t?”
“My love” he replied and closed the door in her face.
“Bastard” she said under her breath and stood in the darkness trying to figure out what went wrong, until light spilled onto the landing and highlighted Sarah’s depressing moment.
Also illuminated in the light was Deirdres 20 year old brother Tom
“Come here” she panted
“Why?” Tom asked
“Because Christmas has come early for you” she replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment