Wednesday 8 March 2017

Words on Love # 4

LOVE OVERBOARD

I’m like a drowning man
Since you cast me aside
Into a sea of pain
To fight desperately
Against the tide of despair
That has overcome me
I choke on the salt water
Of my lonely tears
Wishing you would rescue me
Keep me afloat with your love
But you do not come
And I sink beneath the waves
And our life together
Passes before my eyes

SKIN DEEP

You are all veneer,
With no oak beneath
You are all gloss finish
With no undercoat
You are a pastry top
With no pie below
You are faith
Without belief
You are attraction
Without love
You are shallow
And superficial

WHEN WE ARE APART

When we are apart
My heart breaks
Each painful moment
My heart aches
Come home soon
For both our sakes

MORE THAN EVER NOW

More than ever now
I want you.
Each day that passes
Surpasses its predecessor
In contentment
You are my salvation

Remembering the time before us
Leaves me cold
You brought me home
Into the warmth
You tended to my heart
Restored my faith
Pacified the torments

More than ever now
I need you
Each day that passes
Eclipses its predecessor
You are my miracle
Banishing sorrow forever
Replenishing my love
Refreshing my spirit
Tending my flesh

More than ever now
I want you.
I need you
I love you

HE SAID THOSE WORDS

He said those words,
He said them to me,
I thought I had misheard
So he had to say them twice
Was it a mistake?
Did he mean to say them to me?
Of course not,
He’s not talking to me
He’s talking to Carol
She’s sat behind me
Oh no she’s gone for coffee
So yes he was talking to me
He did say those words,
And he did say them to me
I couldn't believe it
I thought I must be dreaming,
I would wake up in a moment
To find it was a pleasant dream
And I would smile to myself
And let out a little sigh
But he said those words to me
And with those words
He changed my world
The sun shone on my existence
And my heart skipped a beat
I didn’t even know he’d noticed me
I didn’t know he knew that I existed
But he said those words to me
And I said yes

EVERY MINUTE THAT I LIVE

The heartfelt declaration I wish to give
Is that I love every minute that I live
I love every minute and that is true
Except for the moments I’m not with you

HOPELESS

The hope has gone
Hope of love
Hope of tenderness
It has fallen into the abyss
The hope of Joy
And requited feelings
Have evaporated
And are lost in the ether
And the hope
That what once was lost
Can be found
Is a shattered myth

OUR LOVE IS NEW LOVE

Our love is new love
Our love is true love
Don’t be blue love
Because I love you love

Our love is new love
My love is true love
I won’t be blue love
Because I love you love

Our love is new love
Is your love a true love?
Don’t make me blue love
Say I love you too love

THE SEEDS OF LOVE ARE SOWN

The seeds of love are sown
When cupid’s arrow flies
A love that grows ever stronger
Begins at first in the eyes

Then the seeds are nurtured
And with patient cultivation
Then love, strong and sturdy
Will be the fruitful culmination

No comments:

Post a Comment