Thursday 9 February 2017

Words on Love # 2

WHEN FIRST WE KISSED

When first we kissed
And our lips came together
In that long languid embrace
Time seemed to stand still
I wished it would last forever
But I knew that it couldn’t
I never wanted it to end
But I knew that it must
Because one perfect kiss
Had to end
Before the next
Magical kiss
Could begin

UNDER THE SUPER MOON

Under the super moon
Stood in the Orange grove
I knew I was in love
As our eyes met
My heart hoped beyond hope
That you felt the same
Our hands hold each others
And my love starts to grow
Then beneath the super moon
I hold you close too me
And your arms enfold me
In a long hold me forever embrace
And how safe I feel in your arms
Your arms wrapped around me
Like a cloak of love
Never wanting to let go
Under the super moon
Love bloomed in you
As well as I
In the Orange grove
Love was growing
Resilient and strong
A love that would never die

LEAVING

You say I suppress the sunshine
And bring you only rain
I beg you not to leave
But I know it is in vain
I know if I let you go
That would ease your pain
But I fear if we say good bye
We will never meet again?

FINAL KISS

Love has died in you
But my love for you is vast
I think this good bye kiss
Is bound to be our last

MERCIFUL RELEASE

Now has come the day
When my love must sail away
Upon a morphine sea
You drift away from me
And you breathe your last
As pain releases its bitter grasp

UNDERMINING

Our love, once sturdy
Like granite against the storm
Has been eroded
By elements of distrust
Unspoken discontents,
And bitter jealousies
Corroding like acid
Doubts and suspicion
Growing like cancers
Until they become the terminal
Silent killers of love

LOVE IS THE MOMENTS

Love is your sweet breath
Against my skin as we lay
In the quiet afterglow

PASSIONATE DREAMS

I dream of passion
In lustful obsession, waking
Still unfulfilled

No comments:

Post a Comment