Monday 13 February 2017

The Love Selection # 10

FALLING IN LOVE IS A BEAUTIFUL THING

Falling in love
Is a beautiful thing
And love does make
The world go round
Being in love
Is a beautiful thing
As long as the world
Keeps turning
Fall out of love
And the world stops
There is no beauty in

I WALKED HAND IN HAND WITH YOU

I walked hand in hand with you
Down a country lane just we two
In a land of a green and pleasant hue
Over a bridge where the kingfisher flew
Through woods full of tell-tale bells of blue
Across a field wet with morning dew
Climbed a hill amidst lamb and ewe
To a perfect spot with an unspoilt view
Where we could be alone just we two
Hold each other’s hand and bill and coo
WHEN THE SUMMER EVENING FALLS

When the summer evening falls
The melodic nightingale calls
This is also the lover’s time
And the perpetrators of crime
Then at the passing of the night
Lovers take cover criminals take flight

SILVER MOON ABOVE MOUNTAIN BLUE

Silver moon above mountain blue
Is there another looking at you?
Shooting star flashing across the sky
Is there another asking you why?
It is my love wishing on that star
I will find you wherever you are

I WANTED HER TO STAY IN MY ARMS

I wanted her
To stay in my arms
To be my girl for ever
But her feelings for me
Evaporated like mist
In the heat of the sun
Leaving only shadowy memories
Of passions passed
And i am alone
Unable to cry the tears
I just keep asking why
But in the hollow void
Of my empty heart
Only silence echoes

SKIPPING STONES ACROSS THE BLUE

Skipping stones across the blue
Sharing holiday laughter and fun
When amidst the joyful splashing
It hit me like a bullet from a gun
Why was I playing childish games?
With a girl who was built to stun
So I looked at her and smiled
Took her hand and called her Hon
Then we walked barefoot in the surf
Holding hands beneath the sun
On a day neither of us would forget
When our first love had begun

IT HAPPENS AGAIN AND AGAIN # 2

It happens again and again
A simple smile and I dare to chance
That this might be the one
But alas no it’s a familiar dance

WHEN THE BURNING SUN SINKS LOW

When the burning sun sinks low
Setting the western sky aglow
And the evening shadows grow
This is the time of the amorous beau

No comments:

Post a Comment