Monday 27 February 2017

Tales of Love # 4

I’VE LOST MY HEART TO ANOTHER

I’ve lost my heart to another
She is fairer than a rose
The gentlest girl I’ve known
Who is purer than the snow’s
And all the time I’m with her
My love for her just grows

THE THREAD OF LOVE

The thread of love
Our hearts entwine
I have all her love
And she has mine

Bound together by
Loves eternal vine
I have all her love
And she has mine

SHE BLESSED MY LIFE

She blessed my life
When she came to stay
And I love her more
Each and every day
It would break my heart
If she went away

OVER THE SPAN OF YEARS

Over the span of years,
Along the way
My heart has been broken
Time after time
But how can it not break,
When you lose someone
Or when a loved one passes,
Or your child is in pain
Or is unhappy
We don’t live in a bubble
Life is not lived in isolation
And broken hearts do mend
And each repair gives us strength
For the next time
Because a heart never broken,
Is cold and sterile,
And has never known the joy
Of loving another human being

RED SAILS IN THE SUNSET

The Platters were crooning
“Red Sails in the sunset”
So I asked her to dance
And the moment our eyes met
My heart sailed away
And it hasn’t returned yet

RED EYE

In all the photos of her
She was terribly Red Eyed
I thought it was the camera
But no matter how I tried
I couldn’t get a good shot
But it wasn’t a lack of skill
Or any technical fault
It turned out she was evil

PRESSED BLOOMS

Pressed blooms
Long since dried
Lovingly preserved
Betwixt printed pages
Mementos of love
From a time long ago
Flowers picked fresh
In the meadow
Where love bloomed
And a kiss was stolen

DRINK TO THE GLORY OF LOVE

Drink to the glory of love
From the loving cup
Before it spills
And evaporates away

AS WE LAY UNDER THE STARS

As we lay under the stars
I had the perfect trinity
Music in my soul
Love in my heart
And you in my arms

No comments:

Post a Comment