Tuesday 21 February 2017

Tales of Love # 14

EVERY CORNER OF THE WORLD (9)

From the stormy southern isles
To the exotic land of smiles
I will carry with me a constant love
Over the distant countless miles

WHEN I LOST YOU, I FELT DEAD TOO

When I lost you, I felt dead too
Apart from the constant empty pain
All I can do now is carry on living
Until the day I feel alive again

I LOVE YOU BY ANY MEASURE # 1

I love you by any measure
You might wish to use
But I don’t know how to express
The way I feel about you
And the affect you have on me
So I hope this gives you a clue
If you were a pop song being sung
You would be number one

LEAVE THIS WORLD WITH ME

Leave this world with me
And together you and I,
Will discover the universe
And explore the heavens
Until our souls forever join

IN THAT EXQUISITE PLACE

In that exquisite place,
Lying between
Sleep and wakefulness,
Night and day,
Fantasy and reality.
And not knowing
As senses heighten
If it’s a vivid dream
Or a sensual reality.
It is shear ecstasy

AWE AND WONDER

Awe and wonder
Fills my heart
As I stare at her,
I dream a dream
Of what could be
One day,
She could be mine,
Or maybe not
But it costs me nothing
Just to dream

ON THE HUMID EVENING

On the humid evening
The heady cloying perfume
Of red camellias
Filled the air
Confusing the senses
And amidst the scent of desire
I found in the moonlight
I was falling in love with her

A MOST GRIEVOUS SIN

A most grievous sin
To depucelate the purity
To sully and deflower,
Without the beauty of love
As an accompaniment.
Such deprivation of innocence
To taint and corrupt
And conspire in her defiling
Without romantic love
Is the province of the beast

I LOVE YOU BY ANY MEASURE # 2

I love you by any measure
You might wish to use
But I don’t know how to express
The way I feel about you
And the affect you have on me
So I hope this gives you a clue
If you were a movie blockbuster
You would win the Oscar

EVERY CORNER OF THE WORLD (10)

I’ve seen the distant far pavilions
And the land of the rising sun
I’ve seen Tierra del Fuego
And where all life was begun
I’ve seen the Pyramids of Giza
But now my travels are done
I’ve found what I’ve sought
And you my love are the one

No comments:

Post a Comment