Thursday 2 February 2017

Love Collection # 4

LIVING ON THE DEFENSIVE

She told me that she loved me
And I didn't know how to react
I’m afraid to say I love her
I want to keep my heart intact
Is it time to let down my guard?
Should I tell her how I feel?
What if she is false or insincere
My heart may never heal
Should I expose my feelings?
Even though I feel insecure
But if I keep my feelings secret
Or wait until I am certain sure
I risk undermining her love
Blemishing it at its very start
And I could lose her love forever
And that would break my heart

WITH MY PETTY JEALOUSY

Sibilant whisperings
Greeted me
For it was I
Who stole their glee

The gathering
Looked upon me
As the architect
Of their misery

They could barely
Keep their hate inside
At this wedding
Without a bride

It was all my doing
With my petty jealousy
And with it in me
I had made her flee

HAPPINESS WAS THE HARBINGER

Happiness was the harbinger
Of my doom
Happy laughter echoed
In every joyful room

But we were too happy
That was our crime
The God’s couldn’t bear
To see us happy all the time

So they sent the angels
To take you from my side
They took your life
And left me dead inside

Sadness envelops me
As I kneel by your grave
I try to keep back the tears
I try my hardest to be brave

But they come anyway
My grief is unconfined
My dear sweet angel,
Resides with others of her kind

I curse the selfish Gods
For their spiteful jealousy
And pray to them also
To come soon and take me

NO MERE FRIPPERY

Though some thought her unworldly
I thought she was cute
I think not being wise in the ways of the world
Is an attractive trait
It left her with an air of innocence
Untainted by convention
Some thought her a mere frippery
I thought her beyond price
But I was in a minority of one
And to my great relief I found
She was overlooked by the rest
Which left this sweet curiosity
Exclusively to me
She was my Tulip in an onion field
My Daisy in a Rose boquet
She is now my constant companion
The love of my life

SHE’S THE BUTTERFLY KIND

She’s the butterfly kind
With a butterfly mind
Always moving she never sits
Her head is full of thoughts that flit
The butterfly miss
With the butterfly kiss

ENTWINED IN THE AFTERGLOW

Passions spent in our libidinous embrace
Loves contented glow upon her face
I feel safe lying entwined in the afterglow
But in the morn will love melt like April snow
Or will its strength sustain in longevity
Or shall we remark upon its easy brevity
I could lay here forever cocooned in eternal love
We are a perfect fit, the hand and the glove
But if it didn’t last forever I still had - this
Then gently on her soft flesh I leave a loving kiss
And I urged myself to live in the moment
And know that there I could be content

THE MARINERS TALE

Marked by the tides of love,
We almost breached the sea wall
Before our fortunes waned
And we began our Titanic fall

From the crest of a wave
To the depths of the deepest sea
Marks the rise and fall
Of the love between you and me

I CAN SEE YOU ARE BLESSED

I can see you are blessed
With love in your heart
I see it in your face
Radiant like a sunburst
The glow on your cheek
When he’s near you
And the clarity in your eyes
When you look at him
And that self-satisfied smile
Of utter contentment
You are in love
Without a doubt
I can read you like a book
And I can see a love story

A LIVING DREAM

A living dream
Changes the moments
Of my everyday existence
Into a time of bliss.

MONOCHROME WORLD

Without you today
Everything is grey, your love
Coloured all my world

No comments:

Post a Comment